The Craft of the Script Supervisor
ScriptE Systems - the all-in-one Digital Script Supervision Software
ScriptE has been used on Academy Award winning films, hundreds of national commercials and on episodic tv shows for every major network. Come see why ScriptE is the top name in Digital Script Supervision. Learn ScriptE from one of it's creators: Tony Pettine (BLACK SWAN, THE WRESTLER, WES CRAVEN'S: MY SOUL TO TAKE).
ScriptE enables users to take full advantage of all aspects of digital script supervision: importing scripts directly from Final Draft, Screenwriter, MSWORD, etc., capturing and sorting images directly from the video tap, logging timecode with the touch of a button, even sending out paperless reports via the internet.
See how ScriptE links directly into the digital editorial workflow via the CLIP BIN FILE, ScriptE View (it's free digital viewer), and it's brand new XML output (created for and currently being used by editing guru Walter Murch).
What you will learn
- Proper file management and digital workflow.
- How to import a script into ScriptE - the meaning and power of metadata.
- Breaking down a script and generating long and short form continuity breakdowns with ScriptE.
- Basic digital logging and lining: drawing camera lines, entering camera info and directors selects.
- Generating all daily reports.
- ScriptE's commercial workflow.
- Start a new shoot day and set up a shot - How to use the Shoot Day and shot Windows.
- How to record takes and update camera information.
- Advanced logging and lining - adding action notes and dialog change notes using the Click and Flick (on MAC) or hot keys (on Windows), even modifying the body of Script via the shot window. How to log wild tracks and even line the script for dialog.
- Image and Timecode capture, in a simulated on-set environment.
ScriptE co-creator, Tony Pettine. Tony brings his many years of experience as a top-call script supervisor and his intimate knowledge of the film industry to ScriptE Systems, LLC. He has worked as a Script Supervisor for the past 15 years on over seventy films and television shows.
Day 1 - This special one day refresher course teaches general script supervision skills and digital workflow through ScriptE. By teaching basic digital workflow of ScriptE, students will get an intensive 1 day review of the craft of script supervision.
Day 2 - After a brief review, students will use ScriptE to break down a script and learn the basics of on-set logging and lining.
Day 3 - "Baptism of Fire" - students will Script Supervise in a simulated on-set environment. Image capture, timecode capture, logging, lining, and emailing in your daily reports, even dealing with actors, directors and producers. This should be a good experience even the most experienced Script Supervisors.
Completion of Beginning Script Supervising Part A and/or some previous experience in script supervising.
All students should have a MAC or PC lap top computer loaded with ScriptE. The demo mode will work for the training but the fully functioning version of ScriptE is recommended. Free demo version of the software and purchasing instructions are available at the ScriptE Systems website.
Note: a limited number of loaner computers will be available on a 1st come 1st served basis. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for a loaner unit.